Although leading Defi coin Aave first hit public exchanges as recently as October 2020 – the crypto-asset is already experiencing significant gains. In fact, in its first seven months of trading, the price of Aave has increased by over 800%. In this guide, we show you how to buy Aave with a regulated and commission-free broker.
How to Buy Aave – Quick Guide
Looking at how to buy Aave right now without reading our comprehensive guide? If so, follow the steps outlined below to invest in Aave in less than 10 minutes!
- Open an account: You’ll need to open an account with a low-cost and trusted broker if you wish to buy Aave online. We like eToro, as the broker allows you to invest in cryptocurrencies from just $25 upwards.
- Upload ID: eToro is regulated by the FCA, ASIC, and CySEC – so naturally, it is legally required to follow KYC rules. As such, you’ll need to upload a copy of your government-issued ID.
- Deposit: You can deposit funds into your eToro account with a debit/credit card, bank transfer, or e-wallet.
- Buy Aave: Enter ‘Aave’ into the search bar and click on ‘Trade’. Finally, enter the amount of Aave you wish to buy and confirm the order.
Once your Aave investment is complete, eToro will add the tokens to your portfolio. At any time, you can sell your coins back to US dollars.
Where to Buy Aave
Wondering where to buy Aave? In this section of our How to Buy Aave Guide, we are going to discuss the best trading platforms to gain exposure to this crypto asset.
1. eToro – Overall Best Way to Buy Aave
eToro is the best place to buy Aave. The online broker is heavily regulated and offers a huge number of financial markets. This includes stocks, indices, commodities, forex, and of course – you can buy cryptocurrency. The minimum stake required to buy Aave is just $25 – even though the digital currency is currently trading well above the $500 level.
This is because eToro supports fractional cryptocurrencies – meaning you can own just a small portion of one coin. Other popular digital currencies supported by eToro include Bitcoin, Uniswap, LINK, Litecoin, Ethereum, and more.
When it comes to fees, you can buy Aave at eToro without paying any trading commissions. This is also the case when you decide to cash out. Instead, eToro makes its money by charging a spread – much like all online brokers do. This is simply the gap between the buy and sell price of Aave. In a similar nature to Coinbase, eToro is often the go-to cryptocurrency broker for newbies.
This is because the platform is super easy to use, signing up takes minutes, and you can easily fund your account with a debit/credit card or e-wallet. But, unlike Coinbase – which will charge you 3,99% to buy crypto with a debit card, eToro costs just 0.5%. In fact, if you’re a US citizen depositing funds in USD, this 0.5% fee is scrapped.
Past performance is not an indication of future results.
Back to regulation, eToro is registered with FINRA and the SEC and holds licenses with the FCA, ASIC, and CySEC. eToro is also home to social trading tools – where you can copy successful investors that are using the platform. There are also ready-made portfolios available – one of which focuses exclusively on digital currencies.
- No stamp duty tax on UK shares
- Over 2,400 global shares and 250 ETFs
- CFD markets also offered
- Social network with copy trading
- Regulated by the FCA
- FSCS partnered
- Withdrawal and inactivity fees