The crypto-centric casino space has hotted up in recent years, with a plethora of gambling platforms now specializing exclusively in cryptocurrency deposits and withdrawals. As the number two cryptocurrency in terms of market capitalization, it therefore comes as no surprise to learn that a number of Ethereum casino websites are now growing in popularity. Not only does this include traditional casino games such as blackjack, roulette, and slots – but fully-fledged sports betting facilities, too.
With that being said, as the crypto-casino space is largely an unregulated battleground, you need to make sure that your platform of choice is safe. As such, we’ve created the ultimate Guide to Ethereum casinos and sportsbooks. Within it, we explain how Ethereum gambling works and why it offers a number of benefits over fiat-based betting, as well as the best five platforms currently in the market.
- 1 Best Ethereum casinos 2020
- 2 Fortune Jack
- 3 BitcoinCasino.us
- 4 mBit
- 5 King Billy
- 6 CryptoWild Casino
- 7 Best UK Ethereum Casinos
- 8 Best Ethereum casinos in the USA
- 9 Best ETH casinos Australia & New Zealand
- 10 Best Ethereum Casinos India
- 11 What is an Ethereum Casino?
- 12 How does an Ethereum Casino work?
- 13 Pros and cons of Ethereum casinos
- 14 How do I choose a provably fair Ethereum casino?
- 15 Best Ethereum Casino Bonuses
- 16 Do I need to own Ethereum play at an Ethereum Casino?
- 17 Where Can I Buy Ethereum?
- 18 Best Ethereum Sportsbooks
- 19 How We Ranked the Ethereum Gambling Sites on This Page
- 20 Final Thoughts On Ethereum Casinos
- 21 FAQs
Best Ethereum casinos 2020
We’ve scoured the web to find the best ether casinos by bonuses, platform, regulation and fairness. Here are the top 5 which have made the cut:
- Provably fair games
- Hundreds of casino games
- Fast and well functioning lobby
- 100% anonymous
- Instant Payouts
- Provably fair games
- Deposit with BTC, BCH, ETH, LTC & DOGE.
- Over 1000 different casino games
- Betsoft, Play'n Go, Amatic and more providers
- Fast, anonymous transfers through various cryptocurrencies
- New casino
- Great rewards programme
- Most awarded online casino for 2019
- Great 200% exclusive bonus
- 1000+ casino games
- 67 video poker games
Best UK Ethereum Casinos
As the the UK gambling industry continues to expand, so do the rise of ethereum casinos. There are a number of ethereum gambling sites in the UK offering attractive bonuses and games. Here are our top picks:
Best Ethereum casinos in the USA
In the USA, crypto gambling is somewhat of a grey area and online gambling is forbidden in many states in America. However, there are a number of reliable ethereum gambling sites which operate in several states in the US and are regulated. Find below our top choices:
Best ETH casinos Australia & New Zealand
Best Ethereum Casinos India
What is an Ethereum Casino?
An Ethereum Casino is any gambling platform that accepts the digital currency generated on the Ethereum network.
Ethereum is often regarded as second in command to Bitcoin. Over the years, since its emergence in June 2015, it has positioned itself as the best alternative currency for internet gambling. The coin allows you to conduct financial transactions anonymously and therefore not subject to taxation.
Also, it gives you two approaches to wager. First and often the most common is the adoption of Ether as a deposit and withdrawal method. The second option, which is perhaps the most noteworthy but a bit complicated, is the use of smart contracts to place bets.
With these two options, Ethereum casinos create not only a tax haven for punters but also provide a secure and verifiable transacting solution.
How does an Ethereum Casino work?
Ethereum casinos operate the same way as the BTC or conventional casino, save for the aspect of payments. Since these platforms run directly on the blockchain network, you can choose to deposit on the casino wallet or deposit straight into a smart contract.
As the name suggests, a smart contract is an agreement between two parties. However, it is represented in the form of a computer code, which is stored on a public database and cannot be changed. Transactions that happen in a smart contract self-execute, so do not need a third party and only occur when the conditions in the agreement are met.
The smart contract pays you immediately when the requirements have been met. You no longer have to trust the casino since at no point does it hold your cash. If you lose a bet, you lose your money. If your predictions are right, the smart contract handles the payments. So, a casino cannot add transaction fees, withdrawals caps, or delay withdrawal times. Moreover, the agreement ensures payments are instant.
Once you’ve settled on your favorite casino, head to the cashier section and select the Ethereum option. A wallet address, which begins “0x”, will be generated for you. So, pay your Ether to the casino Ethereum wallet address. From this point wager the same way as you would on any online casino.
Pros and cons of Ethereum casinos
- Deposits and withdrawals are near-instant (10 minutes)
- Transparent transactions posted to the blockchain
- Thousands of casino games to choose from
- Fully-fledged sports betting facilities
- Choose from software games or live dealers
- Lower house-edges
- Play via your desktop or mobile device
- Gambling is high risk – only play with amounts that you can afford to lose
- Does not benefit from strict regulation as seen in the traditional casino space
How do I choose a provably fair Ethereum casino?
So now that you know the ins and outs of how an Ethereum casino works, and how you can maximize your chances of cashing out a welcome bonus, we are now going to highlight some of the most important factors that you need to look out for when choosing an Ethereum casino or sportsbook. Ultimately, this section is of the utmost importance, as you need to choose a platform that not only meets your needs, but that is safe and secure, too.
As you will be entrusting your funds with the Ethereum casino, your first port of call is to look at the platform’s reputation in the online space. Initially, it might be a good idea to assess how long the platform has been in business. If you scroll to the very top of this page and explore the five platforms that we recommend, you’ll see that most operators have been trading for at least five years. This adds a significant amount of weight to the Ethereum casino’s credentials.
It is also worth exploring player reviews in the public domain. This is an excellent way to assess the experiences of players that have actually used the casino in question.
Deposits and Withdrawals
You should only choose an Ethereum casino that offers instant deposits and withdrawals. By this, we mean that the end payments system is automated. In terms of deposits, we only recommend platforms that credit your account as soon as the blockchain has confirmed the transaction as valid.
At the other end of the spectrum, we prefer platforms that automatically process withdrawal requests as soon as they are made. In doing so, you’ll receive your winnings in just a few minutes. This is in stark contrast to fiat currency casinos, who typically make you wait for days on end before you receive your winnings back.
The types of bonuses offered by the Ethereum casino in question should also play a major role in your decision-making process. You’ll want to choose a platform that offers a lucrative welcome package. Not only this, but try to opt for bonuses that come with the lowest wagering requirements, and the longest expiry date.
It is also important to choose an Ethereum casino that offers bonuses and promotions to existing players. This will ensure that you are able to choose a platform that you can remain on long-term.
Gaming Suite/Betting Markets
You should also make some considerations about how comprehensive the platform is in terms of gambling products. If you’re looking for a conventional casino platform, then spend some time exploring how many games the operator hosts. It is also worth seeing what software developers the platform has partnered with, as this will determine the quality of the end-to-end gaming experience.
If you’re instead looking to bet on sports, you should look to see how many markets the platform in question offers. You want to choose an Ethereum betting site that offers thousands of markets at competitive odds – both pre-match and in-play.
Although this point is often overlooked, you should also ensure that you choose an Ethereum casino that offers top-grade customer support. In most cases, this should include a 24-hour live chat facility that allows you to receive support around the clock. It is also important that you are connected to a live agent in the quickest time possible, as long waiting times can be a pain-point if you need speedy assistance.
Best Ethereum Casino Bonuses
Casino bonuses are the holy grail of internet casinos, and Ethereum casinos are no exceptions. But as it is with crypto bonuses, they are fairly large. Perhaps it because these gaming platforms want to encourage players to use the digital currency more often. There would be no reason to resist Ethereum gambling for, in most cases, there are neither fees nor taxes attached to these transactions. Some of the most common types of casino bonus deals includes;
- Matched Bonus: It can either be a matched bonus where your initial deposit is doubled or tripled.
- No Deposit Bonus: Here, the casino offers you free betting money. However, there may be some strings attached such that you can’t withdraw the money.
- Free Spins: A casino may limit the use on specific games. A casino may also want you to deposit to claim them. But the free spins allows you to learn your way around the slots.
- Welcome Bonus: In most cases, the welcome bonus is either a matched bonus, a free games, or a no deposit bonus. In some cases, it is a combination of two or all three.
- Free Ethereum: Some Ethereum casinos go the extra mile as far as rewarding you with free coins for your loyalty. But these coins are specifically for use on the casino games, and your winnings are afterwards subject to the wagering requirement.
- Account Reload Bonus: You must have already made your initial deposit to benefit from this deal. It is primarily to encourage you to continue playing at the issuing casino.
- Game-Specific Bonus: These are bonuses directed for use for particular games, like Free Spins on Starbuck Slots. You can’t use the reward elsewhere.
- Preferred Method Deposit Bonus: Most crypto casinos will award you with the respective virtual currency you used to deposit. Such a bonus comes into play when a casino offers fiat currency as a method of payment.
- VIP Bonuses: As always, VIP get special perks, and Ethereum Casinos makes the perks even better.
Do I need to own Ethereum play at an Ethereum Casino?
There are free Ethereum casino games you can play for fun. However, to play for real money, which is why we gamble, you first need to have some ETH, probably from an online exchange.
Where Can I Buy Ethereum?
There are a number of exchanges where you can buy Ethereum safely. One of the best platforms to do so is Binance.
Binance is one of the biggest cryptocurrency exchanges, offering over 100 crypto assets to buy and some of the lowest fees in the market, with 0.1% base fee.
- Lowest fees at 0.1% base fee
- Secure platform with 2FA authentication
- High transaction speed
- Not beginner friendly
Best Ethereum Sportsbooks
There are also a number of betting sites that work on Ethereum blockchain. Below, we review the top ETH betting sites.
How We Ranked the Ethereum Gambling Sites on This Page
Final Thoughts On Ethereum Casinos
Ethereum and other altcoins are surviving the legal leaps and bounds, and nothing seems to stop them. Ethereum, in particular, has impressed as the best alternative currency in internet gambling. A decade ago when it all started, most people thought cryptocurrency would be another Friendster, MySpace or just another fad – a momentary excitement provoked by the then desperation in the wake of the global financial crisis. If you have a few ETH and willing to start your journey, then we highly recommend Fortune Jack for its great bonuses and a remarkable reputation in the market. Click the link below to start increasing your crypto holdings while having fun at it.
Are Ethereum Casino Bonuses in Fiat?
Not really! It depends on the casino you have chosen. Most providers, however, will award you a bonus based on the currency you use. In this case, if you have deposited in ETH, mostly like the bonus will be in ETH.
Can I withdraw the ETH Bonus?
No, an Ethereum Casino gives you free digital currency to get you started. So, each bonus will come with preset conditions called 'wagering requirements' attached to it. You’ll have to meet these conditions before you can withdraw such money from your casino account. For example, you may have to wager the bonus 20X times before you can withdraw. Some casinos also limit as to how much of the winnings from the bonus you can withdraw.
Is Poker Available at Ethereum Casinos?
A relatively small number of Ethereum Casinos offer poker rooms. Quite frankly, it is because there’s a low number of players who play cryptocurrency poker online. So, you might not be lucky to find worthy competition in this sphere of iGaming.