October 6, Unite Austin developers’ conference, Texas — GNation, a global community striving to unite gamers and game creators, announced on Thursday it is releasing an SDK that will allow the world’s largest community of game creators to integrate their Unity-built games into GNation’s mobile gaming store.
[Note: This is a press release.]
Unity is the clear market leader in game-development tools, with over 2.4 billion mobile devices running Unity-made games globally.
- GNation’s mobile store offers larger profits and faster payouts for game creators
- The largest community of game creators will be able to publish games to GNation’s mobile store, which gives them payouts of 90% delivered in 60 hours.
- GNation President and GameCredits CEO says the move will bring GameCredits to an audience of 2.4 billion gamers
- The SDK is the first step in a broader roadmap driving the adoption of blockchain within the fast-growing mobile gaming industry
- The news follows a previous announcement that GameCredits has joined the company of Cisco, Intel, IBM and other industry leaders in the Linux Foundation’s HyperLedger blockchain consortium
The SDK will give game publishers access to a game store that provides developers with larger profits and faster payouts than any other store (citing 90% cuts compared to the industry standard of 70%, and 60-hour payouts compared to 60 days).
From GNation’s perspective, the SDK for Unity is just the first step in a much more extensive plan to revolutionize the gaming industry.
“GNation will introduce novel forms of competitive gameplay and player-audience interaction, all made possible by the use of blockchain technology. In one swift move, our company is introducing its products to an audience of 2.4 billion gamers worldwide,” said GameCredits CEO and GNation President Sergey Sholom.
Game developers won’t necessarily need to develop games from scratch to take advantage of what GNation’s mobile store offers, Sholom clarified. Instead, using the GameCredits SDK they will soon be able to upgrade their existing titles to support competitive gameplay – allowing even casual mobile gamers to experience competitive eSports.
The announcement follows on from recent news that the company has joined Hyperledger, a Linux Foundation blockchain consortium whose members include IBM, Intel, Cisco, American Express, JP Morgan and other leaders from various industries.
Considering that mobile gaming is the fastest-growing segment of the $100 billion gaming industry – with a year-on-year growth rate of 22% according to industry analyst Newzoo – the potential upside of releasing this SDK is practically limitless. And that’s great news for anyone involved with GNation.
GameCredits is an international, multicultural company striving to transform the gaming industry with its GameCredits digital currency (GAME) and a suite of other blockchain-based products. Founded in 2016 in Belgrade, Serbia, GameCredits now employs a team of more than 100 people across 10 offices in five countries.
For more information visit: www.gamecredits.com
Media contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Images courtesy of GNation
The post GNation Announces SDK for Publishing Unity-built Games in New Mobile Store appeared first on Bitcoinist.com.